Apple Music Now Available in Tanzania, Rwanda and DRC
Apple has announced that starting today, even more customers around the world, including those in Tanzania, Rwanda, Morocco and Cameroon can have access to Apple’s most popular Services: The App Store®, Apple Arcade™, Apple Music®, Apple Podcasts® and iCloud®. The services are now available in 20 more countries, and Apple Music is available in 52 additional countries.
“We’re delighted to bring many of Apple’s most beloved Services to users in more countries than ever before,” said Oliver Schusser, Apple’s vice president of Apple Music and International Content. “We hope our customers can discover their new favorite apps, games, music and podcasts as we continue to celebrate the world’s best creators, artists and developers.”
The App Store, Apple Arcade, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts and iCloud are now available in the following countries and regions:
- Africa: Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Libya, Morocco, Rwanda and Zambia.
- Asia-Pacific: Maldives and Myanmar.
- Europe: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia.
- Middle East: Afghanistan (excluding Apple Music) and Iraq.
- Oceania: Nauru (excluding Apple Music), Tonga and Vanuatu.
Apple Music is also expanding to the following countries and regions:
- Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Chad, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Namibia, Republic of the Congo, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Tanzania and Tunisia.
- Asia-Pacific: Bhutan.
- Europe: Croatia, Iceland and North Macedonia.
- Latin America and the Caribbean: the Bahamas, Guyana, Jamaica, Montserrat, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Turks and Caicos and Uruguay.
- Middle East: Kuwait, Qatar and Yemen.
- Oceania: Solomon Islands.
The App Store, now in 175 countries and regions. Apple Arcade, which is a game subscription service within the App Store with monthly additions, offers users unlimited access to a catalog of more than 100 exclusive games, all playable across iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Apple TV.
Apple Music, available in 167 countries and regions with more than 60 million songs, curates thousands of playlists and daily selections, also featuring global radio station Beats 1, is also available on Android and other devices. New subscribers in the 52 additional countries can enjoy a six-month free trial of the service, with locally curated playlists including Africa Now, Afrobeats Hits, Ghana Bounce and more.
Apple Podcasts features over 1 million shows in more than 100 languages and 175 countries and regions, whereas iCloud makes personal user data available across all their Apple devices, allowing them to store a lifetime of photos, keep important documents at their fingertips, and share and collaborate with ease. Available in 175 countries and regions, iCloud comes with 5GB of free storage and offers affordable 50GB, 200GB and 2TB plans.
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple’s five software platforms — iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS — provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud. Apple’s more than 100,000 employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to leaving the world better than we found it.
- This article contains excerpts from an Apple Music Press Release, permitted for use on Nate’s Crest Almanac.