A recent proposal to reduce the working day to 40 hours per week in Mexico has generated significant debate in the labor and economic sectors. The debate focused on how the move could affect work schedules in the country and the implications it would have on workers and companies. In the following note we will tell you what you need to know about this topic.
What will work schedules look like in Mexico with a 40-hour work cut?
According to the new labor reform proposed by the government, the proposal indicates that Mexicans can work 6 hours a week or change the working days to 4 days instead of 5 days.
Regardless of the new work schedule in Mexico, the specifics are that these policies will be adapted to 40 working hours a week.
When does the 40 hour workday start in Mexico?
There is no exact date yet for the implementation of the 40-hour work week in Mexico, although many experts have indicated that it could begin in September, which will apply to the country’s workforce. Likewise, some are pointing out that the move could come into force in December to respect the established limit.
In this way, the beginning of its implementation can be known as soon as possible for the benefit of the working people. However, it is important for people to find time for rest so as to avoid health problems.
How to reduce the impact of working hours in Mexico?
According to lawyer Eric Royal Pavon, the reduction of the working day in Mexico can affect small and medium businesses because there will be less productivity and it will cost employers a lot of money.
“The real problem is that there are constant changes in the law that bring a very significant cost to employers, and this means lower productivity and higher costs, and for small and micro businesses. In the long run these can become informal.” said the expert.
Likewise, Eric Royal noted that the bill still has to go through the Senate and will soon be approved for implementation in the country. “Some reforms are pending that will benefit some workers like bonus, labor reform, explanation of profits, but may have a more representative labor cost.”” he added.
What are the benefits of working 40 hours a week?
- Burn Reduction: More reasonable working hours can help prevent burnout and burnout, which can improve employees’ mental and physical health.
- Increase in Productivity: Working fewer hours leads to greater concentration and productivity during work hours, as employees are more rested and motivated.
- High Commitment: Workers who have time to rest and recharge are more engaged and satisfied with their jobs, which improves employee morale and retention.
- Stimulating Creativity: Having free time outside of work can stimulate creativity and innovation as employees have the opportunity to explore personal interests and creative pursuits.
- Health Improvement: A shorter workday can contribute to improved overall health, as employees have more time to exercise, get adequate rest, and take care of their physical well-being.
- Stress reduction: Shorter working hours can reduce the stress associated with long working hours and tight deadlines, which can have positive effects on workers’ mental health.
- Promoting Performance: Controlling working hours can encourage employees to be more efficient and effective in their performance because they have a specific time frame to complete their tasks.
According to the criterion of