Soon, A Annular solar eclipse can be found at MexicoThis phenomenon can be seen by thousands of people in the Aztec lands, which is why it is considered one of the most exciting astronomical events for lovers of the universe.
When will the 2023 solar eclipse occur?
This year, people will have a chance to see an annular solar eclipse from Mexico scheduled for Saturday, October 14. According to National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) data, the annual eclipse can be seen only in the Yucatan Peninsula, while its partial portion is visible in other parts of the country.
When can we see the 2023 solar eclipse?
The October 2023 annual eclipse will begin at 9:45 a.m. and end at 1:08 p.m., while the “annular eclipse” phase will begin at 11:22 a.m., NASA announced. In the morning, it peaks at 11:24 and ends at 11:26. The event will last four minutes and 15 seconds and is estimated to be 90.4% dark.
Which cities in Mexico can see the 2023 solar eclipse?
- Yucatan: In Maxcanú, Sisal, Tekak, Arcadio Poveda Planetarium and Yumtsil Ecopark. As well as in the municipalities of Unucmá, Celestún, Sisal, Ticul, Tekax, Oxtutzacab, Uxmal.
- Quintana Roo: At the Yucol Cap Planetariums in Chetumal, Cayoque in Cancun, San Con in Cozumel and Sayab in Playa del Carmen.
- Lockwood: At the state capital and planetariums.
Which parts of Peru will see the solar eclipse?
These are the areas of Peru where you can appreciate the natural phenomenon. Viewing hours are from noon to 3 p.m.
- Iquitos: 80.2%
- Dumps: 66%
- Pugalpa: 64.9%
- Purea: 61.5%
- Chiclayo: 59%
- Trujillo: 57.1 %
- Cusco: 53.7 %
- Lima: 50 %
- Arequipa: 45.6 %
What is a solar eclipse?
Solar eclipses are one of the astronomical events that are highly anticipated by people who love astronomy. An eclipse occurs when the Moon covers the Sun as seen from Earth. For a solar eclipse to occur, the Sun, Earth and Moon must be in the same plane.
Unlike a solar eclipse, a lunar eclipse occurs when the Earth comes between the Sun and the Moon. In this sense, what is hidden in the event is the name of the eclipse. As for solar eclipses, there are up to three different types depending on the distance between the Earth’s satellite and the Sun.
When will the next solar eclipse occur?
- April 8, 2024 (Total Solar Eclipse): It can be found in North America.
- October 2, 2024 (Zoneal Solar Eclipse): It can be found in South America and Antarctica.