Every year, thousands of foreigners reside there America From the dream of becoming American citizens American citizenship This is one of the most important statuses for any person who has lived in the US for more than 5 years because you get all the benefits of a citizen born in that territory. Before this, the citizenship test is conducted, which must be passed to get the long-awaited US citizenship, thereby acquiring all the rights of that country. Continue to read this note by Tibor to know all the information.
What are the citizenship test questions?
The United States Government has 100 questions, all about the history of the United States and how its powers are handled. A complete list of questions in Spanish created for obtaining the long-awaited US citizenship can be found in the following link. Click on Here.
How long does the naturalization process in the US take?
The USCIS processing time for the naturalization form is approximately 6 months, however, the entire process of applying for naturalization and becoming a US citizen takes more than 6 months.
Requirements for US Citizenship
In order to obtain citizenship you must have been a lawful permanent resident (LPR) for at least five years, that is, you must have a green card and prove that you have been in the United States, without abandoning it, for a period of more than six months.
In addition to legal residents, minors under the age of 18 may be eligible to apply for citizenship if their parents are U.S. citizens by birth or citizenship.
An online naturalization application is made after completing the documents requested by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Form N-400. After this, an appointment will be scheduled for fingerprinting and related tests: Civics and English.
- N-400 Must be at least 18 years old when filing application for naturalization.
- Prove that you have lived permanently in the United States for at least five years.
- Show that you were physically present in the United States for at least 30 months out of five years.
- Show that you have lived for three months in the state or USCIS district that has jurisdiction.
- If you are a student who is financially dependent on your parents, you can apply where the school is located.
- Demonstrate adherence to the principles of the United States Political Constitution.
- Able to read, write and speak basic English.
- Must have knowledge of US history and policies.
- Finally, submit the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States.
How much does naturalization cost in the US?
The filing fee is $640, but an additional $85 must be added for biometric services, for a total of $725.
If you file Form N-400 online, you can pay your fees online. If you file your Form N-400 by mail (paper), you can pay by money order, personal check, cashier’s check, or credit card transaction authorization form G-1450. Also, if you pay by check, you must make it payable to the US Department of Homeland Security.
How and where to provide naturalization?
Naturalization is done through a naturalization application called the N-400. For this, you need to create an online account and follow these steps to file your N-400 form online:
- Pay the filing fee online
- Check your case status
- Receive notifications and case updates
- View custom estimates of case completion dates
- Respond to requests for evidence
- Manage your contact information, including updating your address.
What if I do not pass the citizenship test?
Naturalization exams are administered in person by a USCIS officer, and if not approved, there is a second chance.
To retake any test, be it Civics or English, a new interview must be scheduled, which will allow 60 to 90 days.
If you fail this test a second time, you will need to start the process over and resubmit Form N-400. It is advisable to seek professional advice at this stage so that the interested parties can be oriented and thus achieve normality.
Those who do not receive documentation should note that failing the citizenship tests does not affect their immigration status, as the citizenship application can be processed as many times as necessary, although in each case, only the test can be applied for. On two occasions.