He Mother’s Day Although we should pay tribute to Mother every day in the world, but on this day, gratitude, love and affection should stand out in each one. Many people prove it with chocolates, flowers, clothes, electronics and other gifts, there are those who are not close for various reasons and prefer to send messages through social networks like phrases, pictures, gifs. Thanks to technology, it has evolved over time and made the daily lives of netizens easier.
Check it out here: Mother’s Day 2023: What Movies You Can Watch With Mom This Sunday, May 14
In Peru, millions of people celebrate this day every year on the second Sunday of May. This 2023, this Sunday will be celebrated on the 14th. It is one of the most important dates in the Peruvian calendar and is celebrated by all families without exception.
The celebration dates back to the early 20th century, when President Augusto B. Leguia declared the second Sunday of May as Mother’s Day in 1924. Since this date, it has become one of the most important Peruvian cultural traditions.
Check it out here: Mother’s Day: Gift Ideas for Mom
What is the origin of Mother’s Day?
The first Mother’s Day was created and celebrated by American Anna Jarvis in 1907. Precisely on May 12, 1907, the second anniversary of his mother’s death. Tributes were paid at his memorial.
Although the modern celebration of Mother’s Day has its roots in the feminist and peace movements of the 19th century, the holiday’s historical origins date back to ancient civilizations.
In ancient Greece, Rhea, the mother of the gods Zeus, Poseidon and Hades, was honored during a festival called “Cybele”. In Rome, there was a similar festival dedicated to Cybele, the mother goddess of the Roman Empire. These celebrations revolved around fertility and motherhood, and took place in the spring.
During the Christian era, the concept of honoring mothers was introduced. In 17th century England, “Mothering Sunday” was celebrated, a day when children returned home and went to church with their mothers. This tradition spread rapidly throughout Europe.
However, it was only in the 19th century that more organized movements began to emerge to establish a special day to honor mothers. In 1870, in the United States, author and activist Julia Ward Howe proposed the idea of a “Mother’s Day for Peace” as a call for peace and reconciliation after the American Civil War. However, this proposal was not widely accepted.
Why is this important economically?
Mother’s Day in Peru represents an important date on an economic level. Ahead of this celebration, lakhs of people buy gifts and gifts to thank Amma. Sales of shops, businesses, enterprises and supermarkets are rising widely. Floral arrangements, clothing, electronics and food items are some of the beneficiaries. At this date the costs are estimated to exceed millions of dollars.
Check it out here: Mother’s Day: What Kind of Flowers to Give Mom to Feel Special
Phrases for Mother’s Day
- You are the best example of kindness and devotion, you are sweet, affectionate, loving and without fear of being wrong I can say that you are the best mother in the world.
- For your amazing talent as a mother. Happy Mother’s Day!
- A mother’s love is the fuel that makes humans achieve the impossible.
- You are the best of me. I love you mom!
- Wishing you lots of love on Mother’s Day.
- Happy Mother’s Day to another amazing woman who is a huge inspiration to us all.
- Your home has been the setting for some of my happiest memories. Happy Mother’s Day!
- I want you to know how special and lucky I am to be blessed with such a loving, caring and wonderful mother like you.
- Mom, the queen of hugs and great solutions.
- Thanks Mom. You are the only one who gives me everything without asking anything in return.
- Life doesn’t come with an instruction manual, but luckily you’ve always been by my side.
- There is unconditional love and it has your name on it. Happy Mother’s Day!
- From the time I came into this world, until I am gone, you will always be in my heart.
- For carrying such a big heart in such a small body. Happy Mother’s Day!
- The most beautiful love story I have and will ever have. I love you!
- You are always an open door, a cup of tea and the calm after the storm. I adore you!
- Sometimes I feel like the whole world has abandoned me, but there’s always one person who stands by me, and that person is you.
- I could tell you with a rhyme, or better with a flower, but I’ll say it with my words: Mom you’re the best!
- I owe you, you ask so little of me…I don’t know how I can ever return even half of the love you give me everyday. Thanks Mom. For everyone! Congratulations!